Sue's Reviews > Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Dec 19, 11

liked it
Read from December 14 to 19, 2011

I was hard pressed to give this book a three. I thought this book was more about his personal life but maybe he didnt have one ? Can we say 'asshole '? because this man missed the boat on living his life and work was all he cared about even faced with his own death. Do I feel sorry for him ? No , he knew he was an asshole and was quite proud of it. Did he leave his children a legacy ? That is very unclear in this book . This was a story about the company Apple and left me searching for any hint of his life outside of Apple or Pixar. Maybe their is no story? Maybe this is all this man has for a legacy too bad. If you want to know how Apple and Pixar began and the day to day operations this is your book. Me I was looking for a book on the man behind all that and I didn't find one.
I would also add if you are not interested in picking through the technical jargon to find tidbits of Jobs being an asshole then just read the last two chapters they summarize the whole book. In my opinion this book wasn't written well enough to grab my attention. It was similar to the Facebook Story .... lots of facts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steve Jobs.

12/16/2011 page 65
10.0% "kinda boring hearing how apple was formed . I am searching for tidbits on steves life outside apple . I guess this means he didn't have one ?"

message 1: by Becky (new) - added it

Becky Cook I will read it someday I am 56 out of 199 on the wait list at the library lol

message 2: by Becky (new) - added it

Becky Cook lol I started out 160th on the list so I did move up oh and now there are 236 on the hold list and there are 105 available system wide. Maybe by summer??? lol

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue What library Becky? holeymoley! I could lend you my audio copy at the next book club

message 4: by Becky (new) - added it

Becky Cook It's the Phoenix Public Library. Thanks for the offer, I am so backed up on books that it's okay if I don't get it right away. I am reading 2 for the book club and one on my own.... I feel like I am in my English lit class again! :0)

message 5: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue Well it should be called the Apple book, there is more in the book about making the Apple Company than there is about the man himself so far. And Im not interested in the building of the Apple Company and all the logistics Im interested in the people and I was looking for more about Steve's life unless he didnt have one outside of Apple?

message 6: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue Im about half way through and I got another blurb of his life outside of Apple. His personal life is more of what I was looking for. yes you will enjoy this book for sure. Im ploughing through but not with great excitement. I did like the Pixar story though.

message 7: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue He was a very messed up individual thats all I can say and oh crazy??? Jobs was just the marketer and he was very good at that but he didnt really "invent" anything he was just a very good marketer. Even now with this stupid iPhone S he said it was a stupid phone and he said to the public all cell phones have problems and joe public bought it and they still all want an iPhone??? sorry iPhone lovers LOL

message 9: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars