kaylin's Reviews > Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies

Dec 14, 11

Recommended to kaylin by: Debra
Recommended for: Debra Willes

Quick Book Summary:

Celeste is qualified to participate in a plus sized modeling contest. She has a pretty great chance of winning the contest and so, she purposely tries to either be disqualified somehow or lose all together. You see, she thinks she will be made fun of at school by her not so friendly peers, if she wins the Husky Peach plus sized clothing store contest and becomes the Miss Husky Peach plus sized model. To prevent her from winning the several day challenge, she goes on a diet to eventually be too thin to win. This book talks about the conflicts Celeste faces to lose the modeling contest. Yet through all her efforts to lose, exercising, avoiding all chocolate cookies and drinking disgusting smoothies, she is the second runner up, but that is far better than winning to Celeste. In the end, she is more confident about herself, personality, appearance and all. Also, Celeste understands that "its what's on the inside that counts" after all the events that occur during her eighth grade year at her middle school. Her friends and family are very proud of her in the end and they all realize "there's more to a person than you may think."

Justify Your Rating: A

I really enjoyed this novel because it was eventful, funny and exciting. Celeste was a fantastic main character and I realized that she well relates to me and my friends. She is an average teenage girl who goes through life with many conflicts. I liked the modern day setting and how the book was written. I was entertained when I read this novel because the plot was crazy and the characters had fine personalities. I would recommend this book to girls around my age in middle school. This would be a fantastic book for my friends and peers because Celeste is close to my age now, and has a chaotic life just as most of the people I know do.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies.