Cougar Dan Misogynistic Empire's Reviews > The Music of Dolphins

The Music of Dolphins by Karen Hesse

Jun 27, 2007

did not like it
Recommended for: four year olds

This is by far the worst work of fiction I have ever read. Feral children are almost impossible to rehabilitate. And it's more than a stretch to ask readers to suspend their disbelief with regard to a girl who's spent most of her life in saltwater. Her skin would have become so waterlogged that it would have developed open soars and rotted off.
This book is nothing more than a very very cheap knock-off of Flowers for Algernon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Music of Dolphins.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

stinky poo

Janna First of all, this is a book for young people. Second of all... magical realism anyone?

message 3: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Seriously, it's by Scholastic and it has less than 200 pages. It's meant for kids. Belief suspension? For fucks sake, I hope you never come across the Harry Potter series.

FfA is about a mentally disabled dude who becomes smart. How is a children's story about a girl raised by dolphins a knockoff?

message 4: by Judy (new) - added it

Judy Soars? Try sores

Bentoboxcreature22 This was almost nothing like Flowers for Algernon. It had an utterly different message! And whatever happened to the magic of the universe? Mila actually means miracle!

Chelsea Rivera This is a beautiful novel and my favorite book of all time. I loved it to this day! Karen Hesse is 1 of my favorite authors of all time. This book weaves together perfectly. Please read the Dr. Seuss books or the Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling and I hope you enjoy them!

message 7: by Sky (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sky Pretty sure it's a work of fiction... not science fiction. It doesn't have to have a touch of reality if it doesn't want to. It was awesome because it didn't let science stop it from telling a story....