Amy's Reviews > Shrinking Violet

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: couldn-t-finish
Read from February 28 to March 01, 2012

For more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Oh man, I wanted to like this book so badly. When I first heard about Shrinking Violet, the premise really drew me in. I couldn't wait to start reading. And then it all went downhill. I didn't like the way the story went, and how cartoonish certain characters were. Plus I feel like we were in Teresa's head waaay to much.

Speaking of Teresa, I didn't really like her. It's not that she was too shy, I just didn't like her as a character/person. She could be kind of mean, and too self-isolating, despite her extreme shyness. She just didn't click at all with me, and I wish she was written better, because she didn't feel realistic. Her mother also felt unrealistic. She was so over the top and cartoonish, I wanted to scream out in frustration (mind you I was reading this late at night, so that would have been an issue xD). None of the characters felt real to me, and none were relatable in any single way.

I felt like Ms. Joseph's style was not good. It did not mesh with me and barely hooked me into anything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shrinking Violet.