Nicole's Reviews > Nightpeople

Nightpeople by Anthony Eaton

Dec 14, 11

First up, Nightpeople was amazing. It was sad, haunting, 'eerily familiar', and it reminded me of what might happen in the future if we don't protect the environment and conserve our energy sources. The story was extremely well written, but the plot was a bit...meh. I pretty much guessed what happened, but there was one unexpected twist in the end about Saria's mother that I wouldn't have guessed.

The characterisation was really, really good. Saria was thoroughly believable, and so was Dariand, although he was a bit annoying at times--he's the sort of character that you love and hate at the same time. There was a point in the story when I wasn't sure whether Dariand was a good or a bad guy, and I loved how Anthony Eaton didn't tell us, straight out.

I also enjoyed the mystery of the Nightpeople. While Dariand and Saria have to duck or hide every time the Nightpeople patrol the Darklands, in the end when Saria is willingly taken by the Nightpeople, they don't seem quite so bad. I'll find out more about that in the next book.

Saria being able to enter someone else's mind and even 'reach' into the Earth is really intriguing, and I look forward to reading more. There was so much left untold in Nightpeople, but I guess that is a good thing, since Eaton will have to keep us interested for another two books.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightpeople.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Sounds good. Should I read this?

Nicole Maxine wrote: "Sounds good. Should I read this?"

Err it's more of a 'so-and-so' thing. You might enjoy it, IDK. Although I think you should read UNDER THE NEVER SKY first :) (even though I haven't read that, it sounds really good)