Darcy's Reviews > Colters' Promise

Colters' Promise by Maya Banks

Jul 07, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, menage, romance
Read from July 06 to 07, 2012

This book does what I want with so many series that I read, it checks in with all of our characters and lets us know how they are doing.

I really liked how everyone is is settled into their lives and they are living their HEA's. Is everything rainbows and puppy dogs, well no, because like life, there are still little bumps.

I understand Lily and her problem, but was happy to see that she finally talked to her guys. This was one issue that the 4 of them needed to deal with and that Lily needs to see that things won't be the same this time around.

During the first book, I will admit that Holly wasn't a favorite of mine, but with this book I really liked her. I think she comes off better as the matriarchal head of family than the heroine. I liked that she wants to attempt to cook for her family after more than 30 years of being a disaster in the kitchen. It was great that she went to Lily for help as it gave Lily something else to concentrate on than her issues. Holly's turn for the worse in this book was surprising. It might be weird of me, but I liked seeing how the whole family reacted.

Callie and Max seemed to have their own issues, but for the most part their issues were more about Max's sister, Lauren. Lauren is just coming out a situation that Holly came out of. I thought it was great how, once the Colters knew, they all wanted Lauren brought home so she could be around family. I also found it interested that Max questioned his and Callie's BDSM relationship in the face of Lauren's situation. The 2 have nothing in common and I was happy to see Callie get that point across.

The last part of the book, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day was perfect. All the issues that everyone went through have been dealt with and they all are focusing on the future. I just hope that future includes a book with Lauren at the center.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Colters' Promise.