Michael F's Reviews > The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

Dec 14, 11

Read in November, 2011

This story is about an adventurous young boy who likes to get in to all kinds of mischief with his friends. One day he could be tricking all the neighborhood kids into doing his chores the next day attending his own funeral and maybe even finding treasure with his best friend Huck Finn. The book is simply about the story a young boy’s life. A classic novel written by one of the pioneers of satire this is one of the greatest books I have ever read.
Although this book can be hard to read once I got used to the language used and I could easily understand what was being said it was great. I enjoyed the story line once it got more interesting. Also I really liked how the book was completely different than anything else I have ever read because it was written so long ago.
I recommend this book to teenagers because they can relate to the things that the kids do in the book because all of the characters seem to be about 13 or 14. Also I recommend this book to people that enjoy literature. This is because this book is a classic written by a classic author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.