Naomi's Reviews > So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Jan 10, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: audiobook
Read from January 09 to 10, 2012

Unfortunately started off rather sceptically as Life, The Universe, And Everything seemed to exhausted my imaginative mindbank and I couldn't really see where Adams could go with the story that wouldn't make it even harder to understand. Before reading I felt I'd gotten to the point in the series of books where I don't know where I am in the story, what the characters are doing, where in time I am, or where any of the characters are. After the first few chapters however, everything starts to become clear again. I found this book as easy to follow as Hitchhicker's, I think this may be due to the welcomed quota Adams has appeared to install on crazy monsters, planets, aliens and made up words per chapter.
I think if I wasn't such a fan of Adams I would've give up on this story before now. That, and the fact that he interjects the ridiculous rambling with humour, a style of which I am a fan. Any story that can make me chuckle earns my respect in one way or another.
I'm rather looking forward to reading Mostly Harmless after this episode. I found it easy to understand and follow and felt the story wasn't as ridiculous as that in the previous two books. I also want to commend Adams on his amazing use of metaphor and simile. That man manages to create literary imagery in such a unique way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.