Tyrean's Reviews > In the Hall of the Dragon King

In the Hall of the Dragon King by Stephen R. Lawhead

Dec 14, 11

Read in December, 2011

Finally, Lawhead writes an awesome story with a strong female character. Queen Alinea isn't the main character, but at least she's a strong Queen, not afraid to fight beside her people, or sacrifice everything to save her husband King.

The main character, Quentin, is called to adventure from a monastary and into the forest, stepping in again and again to save his country, and to search out a right relationship with the Lord.

In this book, there is fantasy, sorcery, adventure, wise men, brave knights, and good friendship.

The way that Lawhead intertwines the fantasy world, the adventure, and the faith of Quentin is masterful, and I feel that this is Lawhead's best book - or at least the best book by him that I have read.

I didn't pick this book up on my own because I have been so disappointed in Lawhead's female characters in the past, but I was given this book by a family member, and I began reading it reluctantly. Even after the first few pages, when I felt drawn into the adventure, I was dreading the female characters, but Lawhead did his female characters justice this time, and I felt like I was reading a perfectly balanced book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Hall of the Dragon King.