Hannah's Reviews > Wicked: Witch & Curse

Wicked by Nancy Holder

U_50x66
Dec 14, 11

Read in November, 2011

This book really surprised me. I went into reading this like it would be the same story where the witches would battle and it would be something pretty lame. But I was met with so many different conflicts. Wicked took a little reading to understand it completely. The authors throw a lot of scrambled information at you in the beginning. There was a horrific accident with tons of detail and Holly lost her family.

My favorite character in Witch, book one of Wicked, would have to be Holly. Not just because she's the main character, but because she is forced to change so rapidly. She was a normal teenager going to graduate her senior year with her best friend. Then there was that accident and she had to move in with her aunt. From there it only got worse too. After she had to move there she discovered she was a witch and she and her new cousins she had never before heard of had to save the world by themselves. Then at the end of the first they are so close. They discover so much at that very moment. Because this book is two in one, it just goes right into the next book called Curse.

In this book, I got a little more insight on characters thoughts and feelings. Nicole moved to Europe and while trying to find freedom from her crazy witch and warlock infested life, she ends up running into a different coven of warlocks. The good kind. I also found out an even more horrible evil is in this book. Because of that 100 percent good coven, there is a really bad coven run by the devil himself. It's pretty crazy. Nicole ends up getting captured by the closest thing to the devils son and has to try to get out of it by the only way she knows how. Which is also pretty crazy. The only thing I would change about either of these are the emotions. There are some. But if there were just a little bit more. They would be perfect.

Basically, these two books are packed full of craziness. There is love, epic battles, and wicked powers. I recommend this book to just about anyone over the sixth grade. Maybe fifth but there are some graphic scenes they might not be able to handle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked.