April's Reviews > Tumbleweed Christmas

Tumbleweed Christmas by Beverly Stowe McClure

Dec 14, 2011

Read in December, 2011

Beverly Stowe McClure has such an amazing talent for writing and delighting readers with her stories. Tumbleweed Christmas is no exception and absolutely perfect for this time of year. Within the pages of this wonderful book is the story of a young girl whose Father is sick and whose Mother is scrapping by as best she can. It is Christmas time and their home is without a tree. Jackie has set back a dollar of her lunch money and sets out to surprise her Mom and sisters with a tree. Things don't work out exactly as she had wanted, but she makes the most of it and provides a miracle for everyone.

Without giving too much away, I just want to say that I absolutely loved this story. Such a simple story, yet perfect for reminding each and every one of us that miracles come in all ways. It is the heart and kindness that brings forth the truest of miracles - the smallest being the largest.

I highly recommend Tumbleweed Christmas to everyone - no matter their age or religion (whether they celebrate Christmas or another tradition). This is a true treasure that will bring a smile to every face and lightness to any heart.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tumbleweed Christmas.

Beverly McClure Thank you, April, for a lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed meeting Jackie and her family. Merry Christmas.