Kim Smiley's Reviews > Love? Maybe

Love? Maybe by Heather Hepler

Jan 26, 12

Read on January 26, 2012

Piper is a very busy girl. She helps out her Mom, a single mother care for her little brother and sister. She helps Jan in his candy shop, while her mother is busy running her flower shop. Her father left a long time ago and her mother married Beau, who adopted her when she was 7, had 2 kids with her mom then left them as well. All of this makes her very cynical when it comes to love. And just her luck, her birthday is on Valentine's Day.

I LOVED this book. I finished it in a couple of days because I just couldn't put it down. Piper has a best guy friend who lives next door. His name is Charlie and these two have a great chemistry between them that Piper seems completely oblivious to. When her two friends Claire and Jillian come up with an idea to make a love potion and put it into Jan's truffles so they can hand them off to the guys they want to date, Piper thinks its stupid, but she goes along with it anyway.

I thought this was such a cute story. The flower shop, Piper working in a candy store where they make up all kinds of truffle flavors, and every character is interesting enough so that you want the best for them all. I highly recommend this book if you like a good story that involves young characters, candy, and Valentines Day. This book could totally be a movie. I would love to see it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love? Maybe.

01/26/2012 page 92

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra heather hepler must love sweets. her other book is about a girl who works in a cupcake bakery. mmmm:) and the cover is gorgeous

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Smiley I have it on hold at the library! I think it will be in tomorrow so I'm very much looking forward to reading it. Love? Maybe was really good. I LOVED it!