Jewel Vang's Reviews > Amulet, Vol. 1: The Stonekeeper

Amulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu Kibuishi

Dec 14, 11

Amulet book number one is very adventurous in a way. I liked how the story didn't give the readers any useless information in this story. The beginning was emotional and really affected the story. I liked how I felt like I knew the characters. I liked the pictures. That were drawn and the storyline that makes you want to read more of it. I really want to read the second book now. I really liked it because it related to me and my siblings in a way. I have to look out for them like Emily has to look out for navin.
This graphic novel is about a young girl and her brother moving into a new city and their great grandfathers house. The house is a bit strange and will take a lot of work to make it feel cozy. What they don't know yet is that the house holds secrets and is scary. While looking around Emily finds her great grandfathers office. She finds an amulet that is very beautiful. She discovers new things and has an adventure. She learns lessons and has to be responsible for everything. She tries to save her mother in a dangerous new world they are in. She has to go against elves weird and scary animals or sea monsters too.
I recommend this book to anyone who likes fast and quick stories. I would think that all ages would enjoy this graphic novel. People who like magical stories and a little sad are probably going to enjoy this book. If you read it slowly and read it in a quiet place you can really feel the book. I would recommend this to younger kids because they will probably like it more. Kids will like it because it has robots and cute, funny stuff.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amulet, Vol. 1.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ariana (new)

Ariana i think that i might read that book next it sounds very good. thanks for the review

Jewel Vang Yes.... Your welcome

Jewel Vang I read this over again and it didn't really make sense! HAHA what the heck!?