Jessica's Reviews > Lost Melody

202724
Jan 04, 2012

bookshelves: christian-fiction, chicklit
Read from January 02 to 04, 2012

This book was un-put-down-able!

To start off with, we have a totally lovely and lovable main character that you are rooting for the entire time, even when you're not sure if she's gone completely crazy. She's wonderfully flawed and fragile after an accident that has robbed her of her health and a promising career as a concert pianist. You just ache for her and everything that she's lost. But added to the complications of feeling her way out of the haze of physical and emotional pain, she's got a loving fiance who is running for political office, an ill mother, meddling grandmother (wonderful characters all), and as if that isn't enough: now she might be having visions of a terrible catastrophe destroying her small town!

It's some crazy stuff, y'all, but because the characters are all so real (down to the locals at the diner), you are fully invested in everything that happens. And I hate the phrase, It really makes you think, but seriously, IT REALLY MAKES YOU THINK. (I hate that phrase because EVERYTHING should make you think, genius! Anyway...) This book makes you think about what it would be like to receive a vision. How would you know it was real, and not the onset of insanity? How would you tell people, and what would you do if even those closest to you didn't believe you? It started me wondering how many people over the centuries have been given visions and ignored them, or tried to tell people and were ignored, or judged insane. I won't tell you what happens here, but I will say this: UN-PUT-DOWN-ABLE and IT WILL REALLY MAKE YOU THINK!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost Melody.

01/04/2012 page 210