Kelly's Reviews > Darkest Powers Bonus Pack 1

Darkest Powers Bonus Pack 1 by Kelley Armstrong

251943
Jan 10, 13

bookshelves: ebooks, young-adult, 2011-favorites, read-in-2011, urban-fantasy, read-in-2013
Read on January 10, 2013, read count: 2

Now, I had read all three of these short stories when they were posted on Kelley Armstrong's website and, yes, they really were awesome enough for me to purchase when the opportunity presented itself. I mean, I love love love the Darkest Powers trilogy. I love the glimpses we get into Derek's head in the two stories he narrates. I love the snippets we learn by diving back into this world. In fact, these stories have made me want to re-read the entire series again. Well played, stories. Well played.

Dangerous (#0.5) - The look into Derek's early life was heartbreaking. His acceptance of his place in the world as a child makes me weepy. Being taken in by Simon and his dad... Oh, Derek. I really do love that he was given a chance and managed to make a good life for himself. Probably my favorite of the three stories because we did get so much insight into the way Derek thinks and how protective he is of Simon.

Divided (#1.5) - Derek's deepening feeling for Chloe begin to make themselves known, although he is still blind to what his sudden protectiveness toward her might mean. Once again, Derek is so terribly protective of Simon, almost to the point on smothering him. I just find it so interesting that some of the things that others perceive as arrogance or surliness in Derek is just his way of taking care of those around him.

Disenchanted (#2.5) - Tori's turn at storytelling. She was another one who showed surprising depth when we climbed into her head. I did like that we got her rationalization for some of her actions toward Chloe and that we got to see how apart from the others she feels.

Final Thoughts: Fans of the Darkest Powers series will enjoy the depth these stories add to the books. Personally, I LOVED them. I am such a sucker for anything Kelley Armstrong writes, though. *heads off to go hunt down The Summoning*

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkest Powers Bonus Pack 1.

Jo-Elle Where did you get to buy them? I want them too!!!

Kelly Jo-elle wrote: "Where did you get to buy them? I want them too!!!"

I picked it up through Amazon.

Jo-Elle Thank you so much!!