Jackie Thalman's Reviews > Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony

Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton

Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: 4-5-star-shelf, nonfiction
Read from December 14 to 20, 2011

I enjoyed this book a lot, even after I would consider myself very knowledgeable with the trial & the book, to me, offered very little new information. I enjoyed Jeff Ashton as a person & as a prosecutor, and I enjoyed his, at most times, almost humorous perspective of the goings-on during the trial. I also felt he was candid & sincere throughout most of the book, minus a small part when he discussed warning the Anthonys about the defense's new strategy in accusing George of sexual molestation of Casey. I thought that was the only part where Ashton wasn't showing his true cards & intentions. His opinions of Baez & the defense's shotty strategy amused me greatly. It did read very casually, but I enjoy that in a nonfiction book. I, like some other reviews, did read the book rather quickly in hopes that towards the end (the book details the events of the case chronologically from the time of caylee's disappearance to the verdict of the trial) Ashton would reveal a little more of why he thought the jury did not convict Casey. While he did give some thought to this, it was vague. In retrospect, maybe he thought only the jury could really explain it, which is now why I'm waiting for a jury member to write a book! I thought he was humble & offered good perspective at the end for everyone, I found his opinions refreshing for someone so investing in the case; he wasn't expressing bitterness.

I think this is a great read for someone who has interest in true crime novels, followed the case, & wants to hear some of the inside scope from a candid prosecutor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imperfect Justice.