Rhonda's Reviews > The Unidentified Redhead

The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton

Feb 29, 12

Read from February 12 to 25, 2012

This book was lots of sexy fun!!

I wasn’t really sure what to expect going in to this book other than it being a contemporary romance. I was in the mood for something light and Alice Clayton delivered, with this one. Not only was it light, but the characters were so much fun, and witty.

At 33 yrs old, Grace Sheridan has returned to California for a second attempt at her Hollywood dream. She is living with her best friend since college, Holly, while her new home is being renovated. I loved Holly, and the bantering that went on between she and Grace. Grace is ready to concentrate on her career, not looking for a man, or relationship. That is until she meets the up and coming actor Jack Hamilton at a party one night. At 24 yrs old, Jack Hamilton’s career is about to take off, and the attraction he feels toward Grace starts because she doesn’t have a clue who he is. Then he finds out just how funny and smart she is. Jack is pretty funny, smart and sexy too, add to that being more mature than most 24 yr old men, Grace gets more than she bargained for. She finds herself with some hang ups in regard to the age difference between jack and herself, but Jack squashes that every time. Gotta love him for that!!

I love the chemistry between Jack and Grace. They are so funny and sweet. And the sexual chemistry is off the charts! All the characters in this book have a great sense of humor, and enjoyed them all. Now what came as a surprise to me was the amount of sexual activity in this book. Not complaining, I loved it! But Jack and Grace about drove me crazy with all their sexual exploration of each other and never actually “doing the deed” until later in the book. When it finally happened though it was so sweet, and then it turned HOT!!

I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a light funny and sexy read. As the author herself put it, "I wanted to write something that I would get a kick out of reading. I don't normally enjoy romance novels, but I am a sucker for a interesting story with a little...ahem...heat? But I also crave the funny. Why not combine the two? Why not funny smut? Why not comedic erotica?"

*Author quote taken from her website.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unidentified Redhead.

02/16/2012
02/16/2012
35.0% ""The British are coming!" ROFL!!! This book is really funny!!!"
02/23/2012
80.0% "FINALLY!!!!!!!" 4 comments
02/24/2012
93.0% "” Have you seen this tall drink of water here? Well, Mr. Hamilton and I are going to be going at it in about seven minutes, and unless you want to see some serious goodbye fuckin', you'd best get to steppin',,”"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rhonda Ok, I'm having a blond moment, IKR???

GraceMyBookSnack IKR=I know right. At least that's what I think it means when I see people use IKR. :)

Rhonda Grace wrote: "IKR=I know right. At least that's what I think it means when I see people use IKR. :)"

OMG!!! *head desk*

GraceMyBookSnack LOL, I want to re-read this crazy fun series before the 3rd book comes out.

Rhonda Grace wrote: "LOL, I want to re-read this crazy fun series before the 3rd book comes out."

This was light and funny, and sexy!! Honestly I don't read many books like this, but I'll read the next one because I'm vested in the characters.