Heather Tisdale's Reviews > Fancy Pants

2003692
Dec 15, 11

Read from December 14 to 15, 2011

2.5
I have some serious issues with this book. There were times when I wanted to give it a 3.5 and others when I wanted to give up on it. If this hadn't fit the criteria for a reading challenge of mine I would have never finished it. It was too long. Not in that 500 pages is long, in the sense that there was no reason 500 pages were needed to begin with. There was too much back story that could have been simplified and a whole lot of time of Francesca being a stuck up b****. Luckily, the end turns things around. Francesca grows up and you stop wanting to smack her, but there's so much melodramatic flare that I found my eyes rolling more than I got behind tension in the story, or laughed at different antics.
Despite all that, I would like to say that it's nice to see how S.E.P. has grown as a writer since this. She always has interesting plots, this one just got a little too tangled for my personal taste. I'll give book 2 a shot since apparently I read book 5 at some point and thought it was fun, if not a little fluffy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fancy Pants.