Genesis Blue's Reviews > Finding Sky

Finding Sky by Joss Stirling

Dec 14, 11

bookshelves: ya, paranormal
Read in December, 2011

Really, really enjoyed this book! It was nice and long, so it took a while to read it. I hate it when you are just getting into a story and it's over, but this one was just the right length. The story was very well developed and while there were a few spots when I wondered where the plot was going, it all tied together in the end.

Sky is a girl who was found when she was 6, abandoned in a parking lot, with no memory of what her name was or where she came from. Broken and hurt, she was adopted by a nice couple at the age of ten and the story really starts when she's sixteen. Her family moves to America for a year and there she struggles to fit in at a US school where she notices boys for the first time, well, one in particular.

Zed is an angry, rebellious young man who seems to be just the opposite of what Sky needs, but she's still drawn to him. And when it turns out that they share a secret, they end up together despite Sky's decision that love is a very dangerous thing. I won't give away the rest of the book, but the romance element here is very well done, not too sickly sweet, none of that, "I'll love you forever" junk where the girl swoons over a supernatural idiot for no good reason.

The one thing that was mildly annoying throughout the book is that the writer had Sky moving from the London to the US . . . but most of the American kids still talk with British English. This isn't really an issue, but I did find it slightly irritating since there was a big to do about how Americans speak differently . . . and then they don't.

Highly recommended reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Sky.