Andrea's Reviews > Legend

Legend by Marie Lu

Feb 04, 12

bookshelves: dystopia, ya-fiction
Read from February 01 to 04, 2012

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those books that you have to get to the middle of the book, page-wise, before anything significant happens. We shall see.

**UPDATE**

Just finished the book. I had to get more than 100 pages in before the stories of the two main characters forged into one. It lacks some depth and that special something that hooks you to the point that you can't put it down. I liked the characters, but didn't love them. I may or may not read the sequel. Frankly, I'm surprised that this book is so popular. It would make for a great movie script, but it's not a great read. An even 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lilac Is June from this book from a wealthy family or is she just really clever?

Andrea I've already forgotten the characters names! If June is the lead female character, then I believe she was mid-to-upper class. Her parents seemed to be, and then she lived with her brother. They seemed well taken care of, at least. But she does go undercover to get to the other guy, and therefore lives like he does for some time.