Mita's Reviews > Westlife: Our Story

Oct 08, 08

it was ok
bookshelves: biographies, read-in-2008
Read in October, 2008

Having used to be a rabid fangirl in the first few years of Westlife's career, I found this book a nice walk down memory lane. It's an easy and fast book to read (I finished it in a couple of hours) and it reminds me once again how much fun I had while I was a fan of theirs.

The book itself, however, isn't extraordinary. It's basically the same rehashed story that most Westlife fans would've known by heart. Plus, they've had an 'official' book before and half the content of this book isn't too different from that one. The only difference with this one is that there's more to tell... more like the old book updated. That said, the book does have a more grown up feel to it than the sugar-coated stories we've heard around before. Not as raw as some other biographies can be, but the use of language is more colourful, to say the least, and the topics covered are more mature - relationships, families, etc. Obviously, having been in the business for a decade, the band has matured as (most of) the fans have too, so it's all good fun, I'd say!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Westlife.