Mahlet's Reviews > Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Aug 05, 08

bookshelves: pnr, series
Read in August, 2008

I loved this hero Sin - absolutely gorgeous, Sumerian, and tortured of course ;) Sin has curly black hair, topaz lion-like eyes, and due to his heritage, darkly tanned skin. What an awesome combination! I have a weakness for Italian/Latin/Middle Eastern...basically, anything exotic, and Sin is it! Sin is similar to past Dark-Hunters I've loved in that he's shunned by the Dark-Hunter community and misunderstood (think Zarek and Valerius). The book starts off with Sin taking the heroine Kat prisoner and then nearly killing her due to mistaken identity. Sin mistakes Kat for her mother, Artemis, who stole his godhood centuries ago. Once the identities are cleared up, Sin and Kat, along with some other fun characters, team up to save the world from doom. Sin and Kat must overcome major obstacles as Kat's true role in Sin's loss of godhood is eventually revealed. And for Ash lovers like myself, you get to see his tender relationship with his daughter develop, as well as Ash in hungry blood-lust mode with blue skin and extended incisors - yup, he joins in on this battle, too ;)

Devil May Cry also introduces Xypher, a Skoti ("a rogue Dream Hunter that alters dreams to enhance their borrowed emotions") that is the hero in Kenyon's subsequent book, Dream Chaser. Having been physically tortured for centuries by Hades for apparently driving hundreds of people to madness and death through their dreams, he has absolutely no trust for anyone...which is why I'm reading his story next - Kenyon rocks!

One more thing - I read this book via CD, and I'll never do that with a Dark-Hunter novel again - it took waaay too long = 11 hours or something? and the reader referred to Ash as "Ah-ke-ron"...on the plus side, the reader was a guy and his version of Sin was sexy as hell - which is why I stuck through it ;D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil May Cry.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Aug 06, 2008 06:10AM) (new)

Laura A lot of people slammed this one, but I just loved it. They said Ash was in too much of this novel. What??!! I adore Ash! So I thought the balance between the love story of Sin/Kat and the stuff about Ash was perfect. Glad to see you liked it too!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

Mahlet too much Ash?! what's wrong with these people? ;D I'm only one book away from "Acheron" - Finally! It felt like I'd never catch up~

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Exactly what I'm thinking...too much Ash? Does not compute, does not compute, does not... (grin)!!!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

Christel There is never in my opinion too much of Ash!! I loved this book also!! But Ash is my hero and I love him more and more since I started reading his book

Mahlet I know! I don't even want to be interrupted when I read Ash's book. Tomorrow, I'm visiting a girlfriend for a long Texas weekend, lots of stop & gos with a full itinerary, so I'm not even touching Ash until I get back home. It just doesn't seem like one of those books where you would be okay with sneaking in a few pages here and there - I want to savor his book... :)