Voula Michela (otl1987)'s Reviews > Third Girl

Third Girl by Agatha Christie

Sep 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012, crime, classics
Read from August 15 to September 03, 2012

I had forgotten how fun Agatha Christie is. As with all classic writers, I always think that their books will be dull and slow, even if by now I 've already read enough to prove me otherwise. Christie's books were written 50 years ago and she still remains one of the most read and favorited authors.

The plot: A young girl appears on Poirot's doorstep to confess a murder, but hurriedly leaves, without saying anything else. Intrigued by it, Poirot starts investigating and finds himself among various suspicious and secretive characters. The end is, as always, really satisfying and liberating. The kind of ending where everything just falls into its place.
The characters, all of them, seem to be wearing a mask until the very end of the book, where everything is revealed and you find out who's good and who's bad.
The style in which Agatha writes is the same as always: with a smart sense of humour and not too delicate. She never fails to surpise me by describing bloody and messy scenes, drugs and abuse.

The reason I gave it three stars is because, even though I enjoyed it, it wasn't one of my favorite Christies. It definitely agrees with and reinforces the idea I have of the writer and her books, but it's one of her books that in a year from now I will hear the title and think "which one is that again? Oh, right, good one!"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Third Girl.

08/15/2012 page 30