Merideth's Reviews > Blood Sense

Blood Sense by Connie Suttle

Dec 14, 11

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from December 13 to 14, 2011

I really only started this one because of the way book two ends.
I have to say I did not like it at all. which is sad because i have liked this series until then. Lissa shows no character grows at all in fact the position she starts the book in is relatively the same position she ends the book in. she is still engaged weather she want to be or not and is still controlled by Merrill and Wlodek. I feel like beside what happen at the end of book 2 she never really fights for freedom.
She is so special but stupid. At one point she has blood delivered to a hotel room but the front desk person gives it to some else and Lissa gets exposed as a vampire because of it. my question is why didn't she just put compulsions on the person in the first place to just give it to Lissa only then this problem would never had happen. I just felt like there was a lot of inconsistencies in the story and that really ruined the book for me.
I guess my heroines run more to the Kate Daniels and Mercy Thompson variety where they will nod and smile while the nice strong men tell them not to run in to danger. However they ignore them and run it to danger anyway but are smart about it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Sense.