Carly's Reviews > The Goddess Test

1982063
Jan 10, 12

bookshelves: mystery-horror, paranormal, scifi-fantasy
Read from January 05 to 10, 2012

First off: Why did I even read this? This has got to be one of the worst books I've read this past year (If this isn't enough to make you not want to read the book anymore then wow. Good luck!) I believe this book deserves to be shelved in my "mystery-horror" category because oh my goodness - how frighteningly horrible this book seemed to strike me!

I would like to say thanks to Harlequin Teen for sending me this, but this book was an utter disaster. How could Aimee Carter take the Greek Gods & just alter them into this totally bizarre & quite barbaric story? It's just like nononononononononoononoononononono - it didn't work at all!

In my opinion, Kate was just your Mary-Sue Hufflepuff type of character - she put EVERYONE before her own needs & that seems so unrealistic. She was all, "Heeeeeyy I need to save Ava! No I need to save Henry! Oh no, my mother!" Actually, now that I think about it, she reminds me of that one dreaded character, yes you know it; Bella Swan. Kate got absorbed into this love with "Henry" & "Henry" started loving her back just as readily! I felt like their love was a lie since there wasn't anything that significant that built up their relationship except for playing cards...? -awkward silence-.

Horrible, horrible read. Not even Carter's attempt to entertain the reader at the end of the book work on me. No. This story doesn't sit well with me at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Test.

01/07/2012 "such a disappointment"