Courtney's Reviews > Crossroads

1976394
Jan 18, 12

Read from January 16 to 17, 2012

More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

After the Vampire tend started to die down in YA literature I began to peek my head out of the proverbial hidey-hole. Bouncing back into the subgenre, J.J. Bonds made my re-entrance a grand one. Crossroads gave me a confident feel once more for the lore of Vampires.

Going into this novel I had a tinge of Vampire Academy mixed with Vampire Knight going on along side me. The concept of bring vampires into a schooling facility to train them for the roads ahead of them was a big hit for me and allowed for my interest to peek towards this certain novel. Though the "new girl" tactic in literature is overused I did happened to enjoy the world that Ms. Bonds created. If you are a fan of the Vampire Academy series or even gotten your hands dirtied with the manga Vampire Knight, I definitely recommend this into your to-read piles.

After reading Legend by Marie Lu, I had a present tense fixation and J.J. Bonds definitely fulfilled my craving, and stocking up on a kick ass main protagonist, Katia, also filled my appetite. So far so good Ms. Bonds, you already got me back to liking vampires and you have your novel in present tense, I think I might be falling in love. Oh wait, Nikolai has already taken my heart with his witty banter and snarky attitude. With Nik and Katia, you have a dynamic duo of whoop ass going on. Definitely a check mark next to "badass protags."

This novel was a wonderful jump back into the waters of vampires and I was glad to have a chance to read it. With the addition Romanian terms towards the vampires, things were hard to remember at first but it was a interesting concept to grasp at. I am anticipating an exciting sequel with some more but kicking Katia and some dead-sexy Nik in the future.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossroads.

01/17/2012 page 25