Patricia Puddle's Reviews > Unchosen Mage

Unchosen Mage by M. Norton

Dec 13, 11

bookshelves: inspirations-books, recomendations, self-published-authors, y-a
I own a copy

What a great author! UNCHOSEN MAGE is a fantastic story about a battle that happened 200 years ago where King named Reth was killed and his powers trapped. A book of good versus evil and how the magic of a place called Lanterra was ruined on that fairful day.

Krys Anderwood's world changes when an old woman tells him to go to a castle or death and evil will take over his land. Krys thinks the old bat is mad and ignores her, that is until his days get really bad and everything goes wrong in his life. But the old hag keeps annoying him, so when his apprenticeship with a mighty wizard takes a bad turn and his home catches fire, he decides to listen. He has no other choice as what she said seems to be coming true.

The old woman gives Krys a book and says, "You are Lanterra's only hope." Then she tells him to leave the village because his life is in danger. Krys opens the ancient journal and is shocked by the secrets inside. And according to the prophecy, he has to leave home and find Raven, the great wizard. But how can he do this when he doesn't know how to do magic? But fate has chosen him and he must go on the dangerous journey. So together with his best friends, Peter, and a girl called Navashay, they follow the prophesy because the responsibility of Lanterra is now in his hands, even though he's only fourteen. But he knows if he doesn't try, Lanterra will be taken over by the evil sorcerer named Grimm.

What a great magical adventure these teenagers go on. It kept me turning the page as I wanted to know what happened next. It was so exciting. A must read for children and adults. I highly recommend it!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unchosen Mage.