Jake's Reviews > Armageddon Bound

Armageddon Bound by Tim Marquitz

Mar 20, 14

bookshelves: fantasy, horror
Read in July, 2011

This is a fantastically fun read!

From the first page as 'hero' Frank is getting pounded on by some meaty goon named Marcus D'antello, Tim's clever narration pulled me in quickly. It was everything it promised to be - gritty, engaging, and non-stop story-telling. Well worth the paperback cost, an absolute steal on Kindle or Nook.

Why 5-stars? All my reviews are personal. All of them are based on how the artist conveyed their story and how I received it. This one hit me at a time when I was waiting to get my first novel, The Wrong Way Down into print. This first book in Tim's series, although flawed, it was mind-bendingly different from anything else I'd read. It was fresh and stimulating and I couldn't put it down.

This book gets 5-stars because it changed the way I write fiction, that is the why of all 5-stars ratings in my collection. They either changed my life, or altered the way I view and write fiction. When you see my second novel, Crossing Mother's Grave (due to be released after September 2012,) there is huge influence from Tim Marquitz.

This whole series is fantastic. I'm about to start book 4, Echoes of the Past.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 March 21st

I need to state that I have read the 'Damnation Books 1st edition.' Damnation Books is notorious for doing shitty edits on books and Tim Marquitz is now free of DB as a publisher. I'd bet the 2nd Edition is much cleaner than the 1st edition. I'm just guessing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armageddon Bound.