Sally's Reviews > Terror in Black September: The First Eyewitness Account of the Infamous 1970 Hijackings

Terror in Black September by David Raab

Dec 16, 11

bookshelves: borrowed-from-library, historical, non-fiction
Read from December 13 to 16, 2011

Fascinating look at the 1970 hijackings. I knew about the hijackings since my mother worked for BOAC during that time and had told me about the phone calls she'd fielded from relatives of the hostages, and I knew that the planes had been blown up in the middle of the desert. There was, however, so much more I hadn't known. I didn't know that some of the hostages were held for three weeks or that a civil war had broken out in Jordan with the hostages right in the middle of it. This book was definitely educational in that respect. I also found it interesting that in several cases the hostages and their 'keepers' built up a rapport based on the observation that the hostages were to be kept alive.

I particularly liked the format of the book. While it is particularly indepth at times, particularly in relation to the negotiations, it is broken up into easily readable sections.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Terror in Black September.

12/14/2011 page 68