Just My Opinion's Reviews > Requiem

Requiem by Jamie McGuire

Mar 11, 12

Read in December, 2011

What a fantastic second novel in the series! Lots of times the sequels leave you feeling a little let down and I wasn't really sure where the author could go with the characters after the first book. Once again, I was completely surprised by how much I loved this book. As usual, I couldn't put it down! I am counting the minutes until the third and final installment of the series!

Update to my review:

This is a review by my husband so you can get a 33 yr. old male perspective. He listens to kindle books (text-to-speech) while he works.

After reading Providence (the first book in this trilogy by Jamie McGuire) I finally got my wish with this story. The paranormal aspect was, in my opinion, fully explored and set the book up for an intense finale in Eden (the final installment in the trilogy due out in May 2012). I am chomping at the bit to see how this series concludes. This book ramps up the action tenfold as compared to Providence. The atmosphere that is created provides an appealing tension that is palpable. I found myself holding my breath at times, not realizing I was until I exhaled. The twists and turns that this story provided is WHY people love to read books. I am always looking for a fresh take on an old idea and this book delivered. I can’t recommend this book enough!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem.