Deelylah Mullin's Reviews > How to Worship a Goddess

How to Worship a Goddess by Stephanie Julian

Dec 29, 11

Read from December 28 to 29, 2011

Totally SMOKIN' HOTT read! Ms. Julian did an excellent job fusing mythology and reality with this title. Oh. Some excellent smexy scenes, too. More like the reality of a burgeoning relationship than what we generally see in paranormal romance. I was also impressed that the only thing that really tried to drive the hero/heroine apart was situations. I was also impressed that the story arc moved ... and moved.... and moved! It was difficult to put this one down :)

Lucy, Goddess of the Moon, finds herself drawn to Brandon, hockey player hottie. There's some hot 'unions' in their initial meeting, and then Lucy attempts to erase Brandon's memory of her. Doesn't work so well. Thank goodness! Besides being Goddess of the Moon, Lucy is the 'patron goddess' of the lycanthrope population. Yup. The werewolves worship her! Yay! Shapeshifters, too!

So, Brandon. I really like him :) He's the cute, rugged guy that everyone wants to swoon over. Instead of being self-absorbed, he's pretty down-to-earth. There's a secret surrounding Brandon, and a bit of foreshadowing is exposed during the first demon interaction. I loved the Brandon storyline a LOT! I did, however, want MORE INFO on his storyline, family, etc. at the end. Way to leave a reader wanting more! Time for a novella, methinks!

There was another storyline that I wanted more information for - Cat. Once you get to the end of this story, you'll understand why (no spoilers here!). Kind-of made me want to sit down and make Ms. Julian write a novella completely about Cat... although I suspect she'll be part of future books, and we'll get more info on her later.

Even though I was left wanting more, this title was well-written, and the author did a great job of presenting information. This is the second book in a series, and I didn't read the first one. I didn't feel lost at all. Kudos! I look forward to reading future titles in this series.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Worship a Goddess.

49.0% "H-O-T-T!!!"