Marie's Reviews > The Book That Changed My Life: Interviews with National Book Award Winners and Finalists

The Book That Changed My Life by Neil Baldwin

1200328
Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: nonfiction, interviews, literary-criticism, library, books-about-books, reviewed
Read from December 13 to 20, 2011

First, I didn't dislike this book. "it was ok"

So I thought it would be mostly interviews where we found out what these famous writer's considered a book that changed their lives, but most of the interviews seemed to focus on the books they wrote that changed there lives. Which okay, pretty interesting.

How curious that pretty much all of the fiction/poetry authors, especially the men, seemed much more pretentious, and the historians not so much. But Grace Pauley sounds lovely, and I'll have to look her up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book That Changed My Life.

12/13/2011 page 12
12/14/2011 page 47
23.0% "'When I published The Shadow Knows I was very surprised when the heroine was taken for someone on the verge of paranoia...That was in no way meant to be the imaginings of an unbalanced mind. And then the critics went on to say that her near-madness was because of her vulnerability or her motherhood or her circumstances, or because women are just like that - hysterical.' I've not heard criticism before bu am horrified"
show 9 hidden updates…