Ann Heck's Reviews > Maine

Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan

Dec 13, 2011

Read on December 13, 2011

Maine by J. Courtney is a novel about the Kelleher family relationships set in current times and is centered on the women. Grandmother Alice Kelleher and her late husband built a wonderful summer home in Maine about 3 hours north of their Boston homes many years prior to this novel. However Alice's children and grandchildren have fought for years about this and that regarding their summer vacation time at the house so she has decided to will the house, cottage, and land to a small nearby Catholic church in desperate in need of repair. Kathleen and her late husband, Daniel had 3 children and after the news, the some of the three grown children are very angry--including their wives. Also, Kathleen's 32 yr old daughter, Maggie sought refuge with her grandmother when she became pregnant. The summer passes and family relationships do mend. I loved this book, the characters and situations are true to life--it definitely is a beach book-I think I smell the Atlantic--I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maine.