Becca's Reviews > New Girl

New Girl by Paige Harbison

Apr 20, 12

bookshelves: arc-s, books-read-in-2011, contemporary-ya, young-adult, netgalley
Read in December, 2011

It's the first day at a prestigious private school and our main character is instantly dubbed New Girl. New Girl was come in to the one main spot opened because the previous most popular girl at school has gone missing. Becca Normandy, she is everywhere our main character turns. She can't escape the comparisons between them and by the sounds of it she doesn't measure up. But when New Girl starts taking an interest Max the boy who everyone still thinks of as Becca's her life starts to get more and more interesting. It seems everyone has their own version of Becca, but no one knows exactly what happened to her. As New Girl starts to get more comfortable rumors of Becca being spotted start to come about and New Girl wonders if Becca comes back what will happen to her.

This book was very interesting. I thought it was kind of cool throughout the whole book you really didn't learn the main characters name til the very end. Also the whole mystery surrounding Becca was intriguing and kept me guessing. This book also was like two stories in one, because you got new girl's story and how things were progressing now, and you also got Becca's story about things went down before New Girl arrived. This was an interesting book and I will definitely read more by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Girl.