Courtney's Reviews > Nickels

Nickels by Karen Baney

Dec 13, 11

bookshelves: christian-contemporary-fiction, for-review, clean-romance, my-ebooks
Read in December, 2011

Have you ever been hurt by someone in the past and even though they seem like they might have changed, you struggle with letting go of the hurt and your opinion on the way that person used to be? I know I have. Nickels is story about Niki, a young software engineer that just scored her dream account at Helitronics. The hard part is she will directly be working with Kyle Jacobs, a friend from the past that she isn’t sure she should trust. And with all the loss she’s had in her life she can’t take any chances on a broken heart.

Niki’s character is so dynamic!! She is struggling with forgiving the past and moving forward and she is very lost, which makes this character so realistic and interesting. She needs healing and she needs to trust in love again. Kyle has been through some serious tough situations also, but in the process has found God and is hoping that Niki will see his new attitude and personality as appealing!

The whole story is primarily focused on Niki and Kyle completing this computer code for Helitronics by a certain deadline. The boss keeps changing the deadline and seems to have it out for destroying Niki. You can tell Baney knows what she is talking about when describing the software aspect of the story.

Nickels is fast-moving, thought provoking, spiritual, sweet romantic, full of God’s restoration and healing, forgiveness, and a match-making friend making this story one amazing Christian Contemporary novel.

I have read all of Karen Baney’s historical novels and loved them but I was little nervous to see if she could pull off doing both historical and contemporary! I had nothing to worry about, Nickels was truly amazing!! I will keep reading whatever genre Baney decides to write!!

Disclosure: I received a free copy of Nickels in exchange for my personal and honest opinion. All opinions are my own. I was not required to write a positive review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nickels.