Agatha's Reviews > Live to Tell

F 50x66
Dec 13, 2011

it was ok
Read on December 13, 2011

Another Detective D. D. Warren story. This is #4 in the series. Two families have been killed in their homes and the only connection b/w the two families seems to be that they both had children formerly treated in the pediatric mental health ward of the local hospital. D.D. teams with visiting detective Alex to try to figure out if there is a true connection or if it is just a fluke – before any other families will be killed. I liked this one but felt a little uncomfortable about the sensationalistic treatment of children’s severe mental health issues (violence, psychotic, bloodlust, etc). I think families who have suffered from this would find it even more uncomfortable than I did – and probably wouldn’t be able to read this one (and probably shouldn’t!). It just made me a little uncomfortable. I’m not sure this should treated as entertainment. But that was just my takeaway. Other reviewers seem to have lauded Gardner for bringing it out into the open. So, I suppose that’s another take on it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Live to Tell.