Kay's Reviews > Through My Eyes

Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow

Dec 13, 11

bookshelves: autobiography, sports
Read in December, 2011

This is a difficult book for me to rate. I am not a die hard football fan so of course it had too much football in it! I wanted to read more about Tebow and his personal life. The book dealt with football, religion and then his personal life [which is mostly religion and football!] As far as the book reveals he has never had a date, drank a beer, or had a bad thought. The worst thing he revealed is a game he played on the sidewalks of NYC when he purposely walked in a direction toward couples holding hands and they were forced to drop their hands to let him pass! Don't get me wrong I don't believe autobiographies should be written to confess all.

I do think Tim Tebow is the genuine article. He believes what he preaches and is an inspiration for any young teen and adult [old people too]. He strives for perfection and I can't help but think how disappointed he is going to be when one day he realizes he can't always do the perfect thing or be the perfect person. But for now his lofty goals have made him a sports idol in my book and if/when he falls off his pedestal I hope it will not be far.

The other day on Fox news they were discussing his accomplishments with the winning season he and the Broncos have had so far and how in the world he is doing it. Now I know - it is his faith!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through My Eyes.