Nick's Reviews > Kiss Crush Collide

Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith

Jan 11, 12

Read in January, 2012

You can read more of my reviews at Nick's Book Blog.
Thank You!

I really really wanted to read this book after I saw the cover.
I was so disappointed I shouted at myself for a judging a book by its cover.

Aspects I did not like

1.Leah
She was very difficult to connect with. She does not even try to stand up for herself when her mother pushes her to do things she doesn't want to do. Leah lives in the shadow of her sisters and she doesn't do a single thing to try and change that. She only continues to follow in the footsteps of her 'Perfect' sisters.

2.Leah's mom
Gosh, I hated that woman. She was so frigging annoying. I seriously started to wonder if mothers could be like that. (I LOVE MY MOM !!)

3.Her relationship with Shay
They did not really have a relationship. They were supposed to be boyfriend-girlfriend but it was weird.
Shay spends his time groping her.

4.The writing
I don't know if the author did it on purpose, but there was too much switching of scenes and it occurred so fast I couldn't understand what was going on.
I had to go back several times to see what had just happened.

5.Chemistry between Leah and Duffy (or the lack of it)
I didn't feel anything between the two of them. I didn't understand why Leah liked him and we don't pretty much get an insight on Duffy.

Aspects I liked

1.Valerie
She was the only character I enjoyed in this book.

Overall, I feel cheated by this cover. I had such high hopes for this book but I ended up being terribly annoyed and frustrated!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Crush Collide.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katrina Passick Lumsden I wonder if there's a "worst protagonists ever" list on Goodreads...? I'd like to put this book on it for Leah, possibly the most irritating excuse for a character I've ever seen.

Great review.

Nick Katrina wrote: "I wonder if there's a "worst protagonists ever" list on Goodreads...? I'd like to put this book on it for Leah, possibly the most irritating excuse for a character I've ever seen.

Great review."

Haha ! :P
You should try searching.
Yeah, she was a terrible character. :/