Jennifer's Reviews > Feed

Feed by Mira Grant

Dec 26, 11

bookshelves: fiction
Read from December 22 to 26, 2011

An entertaining read if you ignore some of the book's more obvious faults.

I agree with many other reviewers when they say that the book seems "dated." The setting for this book is supposed to be 2040, and yet the technology doesn't seem all that futuristic (in fact, some of the technological references are dated even today in 2011!).

The author also spends a lot time describing (in great detail) processes like blood checks, retinal scans (or the fact that George, the main character, is unable to go through this process due to a condition called retinal KA). These processes aren't just described in great details once or twice, but every time the procedure needs to be done (which is a lot...).

If you're expecting a lot of zombie action, you won't find it in this book. The book is more interested in painting a world where zombies exist and how the rest of humanity lives with it.

Mix zombies and blogging together in a story, and I'll want to read it. But I expected the storyline and the "good guys" vs the "bad guys" (and I'm not just talking about the zombies) to have much more of a punch to it.

I would like to say that I am still on the fence whether I'll continue reading the series, but I'm going to be honest with myself and admit that I'll continue reading the series... When I start a book, I almost always have to end it just to find out what happens, and the same can be said of a series. But I think I'll wait till the summer and save the next book for a relaxed vacation read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feed.

12/23/2011 page 119