Diane's Reviews > Bloodline

Bloodline by Mark Billingham

Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: 2011-books
Read in December, 2011

Jumping genres over to the crime fiction, this is a book about a detective living in London trying to track down a serial killer who is offing the children of the victims that a serial killed murdered 15 years before. The detective is Tom Thorne and this seems to be another in a series of books about him though I've not read any before. I might in future though. I like the way it was written. I didn't guess the twist at the end but then i almost never do.

There's a sub plot regarding Thorne's personal life. He lives with Louise, also a cop with the kidnapping division who's just had a miscarraige at the start of the book so he's dealing with confusing feelings about that as well. We also get insight into one of the potential victims who has a son with a disability though we don't learn much about the rest of the victims, just bits and pieces.

The narrative jumps between Thorne's investigation to the killer's journal and scenes between the killer and someone else (not saying who or what to avoid spoilers) and you don't meet the characters described in the first scene in the book until a bit later. It's kind of like movies that show you something that happens nearer the end then they back up and start from the beginning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodline.