Sumer Davis's Reviews > Blood Solstice

Blood Solstice by Samantha Young

F 50x66
Dec 13, 11

First let me say I read this whole series in a matter of days. The storyline moves quickly and it is not lacking tension in the love department or in action. With that being said I was a little disapointed in this last book.

I really believe this book had the potential to get 5 stars out of me but I gave it a 4 for a couple of reasons. 1. I didn't like how Caia became more of the dominant one in the relationship towards the end. Her big strong Wolf turned into a puppy following behind her footsteps. He went from being the one to take care of her and stand up to her to basically just kind of going with the flow. 2. I really hated how if they are supposed to be mates and that is this unbreakable bond so strong that if your mate dies you could die of heartbreak then why on earth why your girlfriend has your ex pressed against the wall is it the best friend asking what did she do instead of you. Lucien basically defeneded Rose in my opinion telling Caia she was tired and that he is sure it is a mistake. Through out their time at the Center I was disappointed in his actions in that situation. Its like he continued to string her along and then when his mate is in the process of saving the world he decides he will believe her. If I were Caia I would quite possibly have blasted him. 3. I figured something would happen to Lucien in the end that would cause Caia to kill them all, I just didn't really like the whole dieing and coming back process. It kind of got to me before I realized what had happened. It also felt a little rushed. I figured the fight scene would play out from different perspectives.

I will say that I truly enjoyed Jaden and Rider. I would love to read a spin off with them. Their sense of humor is right up my alley. I thought it was excellent character develeopment. This is definately a series that I would recommend to others.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Solstice.