Lola's Reviews > Touch

Touch by Jus Accardo

Aug 19, 2012

bookshelves: books-that-i-own
Read from August 03 to 06, 2012

I enjoyed this book more than I expected to. The first chapter was a bit confusing, but after that it was fast paced and interesting. Many things happen and I really liked the plot and the characters.

The first chapter was a bit confusing, because the begin setting is a bit strange. Also I had to get a feel for who the lead character was, but all that confusion melted away in the second chapter. Chapter 2 already contained some action and instead of a long winding introduction it immediately starts with the story and we find out more about the lead character later on.
The only minpoint concerning the story is the fact that some events are a bit unbelieveable. Some things are too easy, while other things are not. And sometimes it just doens't make sense how some people react. But the story was really good and I enjoyed reading this book. I just wanted to keep reading and see what was going to happen next.

I really liked Deznee, the lead character, she is an adrenaline junkieand this explains much of her behavior. She loves to do crazy things. She is a believeable character and I really liked reading about her. It was just a bit different from other characters I've read about. And then kale I really liekd him, he has been through so much, but still is so innocent and naive most of the times. Also somewtimes he was a bit socially awkard because he didn't knew much about social customs. This makes him even more adorable and cute! The side characters are many and we actually don't get a lot of information about them. The author did give them enough characteristics so that it was easy to remember who was who.

The world building actually lacked a bit in my opinion. While the story is written very good and much attention is paid to what actually is happening, there is little time for explanation about why things are the way they are and how the gifts of some people work. Often we only get a little explantion what someone can do, but not enough information about how it really works and what are the limits. It wasn't like I really missed the world building, but more like that after I finished the book I was wondering about things and realized how less explantion was given about some things. While reading the book, you don't really miss the world building. Enough is explaned to make the story flow good.

To conclude: I really liked this book. The story is enjoyabel and fast paced and the two main characters are really likeable. I would've prefered a bit more world building, mainly about interest, it wasn't really missing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch.

08/05/2012 page 32
08/05/2012 page 82
33.0% "so far the story is fast paced and I want to know where it's going. Definitely enjoying this book."
show 1 hidden update…