Theresa's Reviews > Anastasia Krupnik

Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry

Jun 16, 08

I'm using this review as a review of all the Anastasia Krupnik books and also the 100th thing about Caroline. I've read them all and each is more hilarious and endearing than the next. Anastasia grows up in Boston and is the daughter of Myron, a Harvard poetry professor, and Katherine, a children's book illustrator. She has a fairly annoyingly precocious little brother named Sam (probably my least favorite character). She loves lists, Frank the goldfish, her tower, and her old wallpaper of the two cyclists. She hates Robert Giannini who carries a briefcase around with him wherever he goes. She does ridiculous things, like enrolls in a modeling course, dyes herself purple, falls in love with her female, African-American gym teacher Ms. Willoughby, sets lonely old people up, and dumps a bag of dog poo into the mailbox. I also think that in one book, she is in love with this black guy at her school and tries to wear an afro comb in her hair. I'm fairly certain that is true. Anyway, I am really convinced that Anastasia is one of the best best best characters in children's lit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anastasia Krupnik.