Elizabeth (Liz)'s Reviews > Marry Me

Marry Me by Jo Goodman

Dec 15, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance-read, ebook-read, favorites
Read from December 12 to 15, 2011

4.5 stars! This was a wonderful surprise for a free ebook! The beginning caught me completely off guard and captured my attention entirely.

Set in 1880s small-town Colorado, Jo Goodman set the scene early on and brought the town of Reidsville to life. The characters were fleshed out, fascinating, and absorbing. The story was imaginative and compelling. The missing half star is due to the fact that it was undoubtedly slightly too imaginative for that time period. Nevertheless, it was a wholly enjoyable story! I encourage readers of historical romance to give it a try!

This book is second in a series, and, though strictly speaking it isn't necessary to have read the first, I will be going back and doing just that. It's my hope that this series will continue. Marry Me was an easy and very enjoyable read. It's exactly what I needed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marry Me.

12/12/2011 page 41
11.0% "Wow!! Unexpected beginning! Completely took me by surprise! I'm impressed:)"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jill Nice review Elizabeth, I really enjoyed this as well.

Elizabeth (Liz) Jill wrote: "Nice review Elizabeth, I really enjoyed this as well."

Thanks, Jill! It seemed to be just what I needed to read, when I needed to read it:) I've been having a hard time recently putting my thoughts and feelings about books into words, so the reviews aren't flowing for me lately. But, eh, could be worse;-)

I'm glad you enjoyed it as well! I have to put another book or two of hers at the top of my wishlist.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Good review, Elizabeth. Dang! Somehow I missed when this book was a free download.

message 4: by Karla (new)

Karla Nice job Elizabeth. I got this as a freebie too, but have yet to read it. I will have to start with the first one though, that whole I must read in order thing, or it drives me crazy!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Karla wrote: "Nice job Elizabeth. I got this as a freebie too, but have yet to read it. I will have to start with the first one though, that whole I must read in order thing, or it drives me crazy!"

You're rubbing off on me, Karla. I have to read books in order now, too.

Elizabeth (Liz) Kristen wrote: "Good review, Elizabeth. Dang! Somehow I missed when this book was a free download."

Kristen - I think I must have gotten in on the freebie as it was ending because I started to post about it here when I realized how much I was enjoying it, but then figured I better check on the freebie status again before doing so. Naturally, it was no longer free. Pfffftttt.

If you'd like to read it at some point, I can check to see if it's lendable. It should be, I would think. Just let me know:)

Elizabeth (Liz) Karla wrote: "Nice job Elizabeth. I got this as a freebie too, but have yet to read it. I will have to start with the first one though, that whole I must read in order thing, or it drives me crazy!"

Yup. Didn't pay enough attention before I started reading it, to realize it was the second in a series. Then, once I'd started reading, I had to finish it;)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Elizabeth wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Good review, Elizabeth. Dang! Somehow I missed when this book was a free download."

Thanks Elizabeth. I bought the first book but I'll just borrow the second book if it's available. If I love it I'll buy it:)

Elizabeth (Liz) It is lendable, Kristen, so if/when you want to borrow this, just let me know:)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I will thank you:)