Mandy's Reviews > Pity the Billionaire: The Hard-Times Swindle and the Unlikely Comeback of the Right

Pity the Billionaire by Thomas Frank

Dec 12, 2011

bookshelves: american, politics, 2012
Read from February 10 to 17, 2012

I received this book as part of a First Reads giveaway. The copy I have has a different title on the cover, but the one it received when it went into publication is much more fitting. It gives a better indication of what this book is about.

There is so much information in this book that it pretty much need to be read at least twice. One of these days I may even end up going through the list of sources at the end in order to absorb more information about the current state of politics in America.

All that said, this book is highly informative regarding the state of Conservatism in the United States. I learned a lot from this book, even though I admit that it's a bit skewed toward the liberal mindset. It's obvious that Frank is not in favor of a lot of what the conservative right is trying to accomplish. Neither am I, and perhaps that's why I liked this book so much. I would love to give a more detailed account of everything Frank discusses, but by the time I manage that, you may as well read the book. It's only a couple hundred pages after all, and it's definitely worth reading.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pity the Billionaire.

02/10/2012 page 21
11.0% "I can tell from reading just a few pages that this is going to be an interesting read."
12/13/2016 marked as: read