Katy's Reviews > Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe

Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe by Shelley Coriell

Dec 16, 11

bookshelves: probably-not-finishing

I'm sorry. I know that I requested this book on NetGalley to read it and offer my honest opinion, but I couldn't get past Chapter 3. At this point, I'm not sure I'll have anything nice to say, so I'm going to stop reading now, or I'll probably have to give it one star.

Chloe is just beyond annoying to me. She's a ditzy, self-centered, know-it-all with a sassy attitude, and she's just really grating on my nerves. No wonder her BFFs are mad and no longer talking to her. Most of the time, I don't let an annoying character keep me from finishing a book, but I just can't stand Chloe.

And Coriell just too many acronyms and too many slangs and awkward phrases like "one of my BFs had gone mad-cow" and "she looked like she, too, had been bayoneted by her best friend." And what kind of grandmother talks like this: "You rescued me from her evil clutches and you're serving me twice-baked potatoes with a side of Brad Pitt."

EDIT - I just tried to give this book another chance and struggled through two more chapters (about a quarter through now), and I just can't take anymore. I am filing it in my "probably-not-finishing" shelf.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe.

Deniz so you want me to read it?

Rogier bummr . i loved the slang and quirky ness. i agree cloe was full of herself but at the end she grew up somewhat

message 3: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy I have to make it there first... I tried again when Mitch read, it but I couldn't... Maybe I'll try again one day.

Rogier Katy wrote: "I have to make it there first... I tried again when Mitch read, it but I couldn't... Maybe I'll try again one day."

maybe 3th try is the charm