Shannan/GirlsInTheStacks.com's Reviews > Wanted

Wanted by Heidi Ayarbe

In typical Heidi Ayarbe style, she takes a subject I know little about and makes me feel like I should be the voice for all the people who can’t or won’t speak up. I feel love for the characters whether you agree with their actions or not. I want to adopt every character in her books and cook them a home cooked meal (does picking up Boston Market or Chick-Fil-A count?). Ayarbe makes me feel for a character even when, as I generalize about that group, and in this case, bookies, I tend to disregard them and wish they would all go to jail.

Oh, not so with my dear protagonist Mike that Ayarbe melts my heart with. In a book where you think you know the ending, in a book where you think you are conservative, and in a book where you lean to the left, you'll only think about the kids and how you can help them at the end of Wanted or any of Ayarbe’s books for that matter. They aren't preachy. It’s just a story told. A story that probably comes closer to the truth than anything I imagine. Next time you hear about incidents in the news, maybe, just maybe you'll think about the person and the circumstances that got them there. And maybe just maybe our world will change bit by bit.

Love, StackGirl Shannan who still ranks Compromised by Heidi Ayarbe as one of my most favorite books

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanted.