Darcy's Reviews > True Colors

True Colors by Thea Harrison

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: 2012, e-book, pnr, shifters, short-stories
Read on March 19, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect with this short story, but was happily surprised. It is set in the world as the main series, but without the characters we have met before other than glimpses at the end.

Alice is having the worst and best day of her life. She discovers her BFF murdered, followed by finding her mate right afterwards. The only thing is, she isn't sure that her mate isn't the killer. And really, the way that they first sense each other what else could she think.

Alice played it smart when the big man started chasing her. I liked that she had the brains to stop and make sure that Gideon was who he said he was, yet when they did come face to face she was able to take the comfort he offered.

Gideon was great with Alice, he knew she was skiddish and he needed the info she had in her mind, he put her at ease and made questioning her as good of a thing as possible, all without forcing the mate bond. He let that happen naturally.

I was surprised by the killer, it wasn't anyone I thought of until it was revealed. The party at the end was a great way to wrap up the story and connect it to the main characters of the series. I would love to see more of these characters in other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Colors.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ She has another short story coming out tomorrow

Darcy I didn't know that, I'll have to look for it.