kelllsify's Reviews > Darker Still

Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber

Sep 01, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: ya, historical-fiction, supernatural-paranormal, absolute-poop, so-much-potential-but-no, forever-abandoned
Recommended for: Not fans of Dorian Gray/Pride and Prejudice

Trust me, don't read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darker Still.

08/27/2012 page 25
8.0% "Have you ever wanted to read something so badly that you end up not reading it at all because you're afraid it's going to end horribly? Yup. Going through that right now. Anyways, I really like the writing, it's beautifully done. But everything about this book screams Dorian Gray. Don't get me wrong, I love Dorian Gray and Oscar Wilde, but I don't understand why the author would want to recreate it.....hmmm anyone?"
08/29/2012
26.0% "Let's focus on the real issue here, people, not this odd fascination between you guys. So many questions, none of them answered! Who painted Denbury? If it was Crenfall, then how did he not possess the portrait? So where's the artist? I want to know about immortality! And spiritualism! And other lovely spoil alert shit I can't say. There better be answers to all this, Hieber"
08/30/2012
45.0% "I cannot help but compare this book to Dorian Gray, even though this book CLEARLY cannot even be compared to Dorian Gray. So many ideas are borrowed from Wilde's classic and he himself (Wilde that is) was even the first to be acknowledged in Hieber's special thanks/acknowledgement page. If I can get past all this, maybe I'll actually start enjoying Darker Still. Until then, whatever."
08/30/2012

Princess Kayla It's so pretty. I loved it, :)

message 2: by kelllsify (last edited Aug 27, 2012 06:34PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

kelllsify Princess Kayla wrote: "It's so pretty. I loved it, :)"

The first chapter was good! I'm excited to read some more :D

Princess Kayla Yeah the romance wasn't the best, but I liked it.

kelllsify Princess Kayla wrote: "Yeah the romance wasn't the best, but I liked it."

Yeah you're right. I can see why people like this but, unfortunately, Darker Still isn't for me.

Mad Scientist I couldn't like this book either. I even tried to read it at two different points of time. It was just not my cup of tea at all.