Mercedes Cordero's Reviews > Lie Down in Green Pastures

Lie Down in Green Pastures by Debbie Viguié

Dec 14, 11

bookshelves: ebook-freebies
Read from December 12 to 14, 2011

This is not, I repeat, NOT a cozy murder mystery. This is a bunch of other, mediocre things, but it's not cozy, and it's hardly a mystery. Murderous it is is, somewhat of a thriller it intents to be and it does have suspense. The writing leaves much to be desired; the editing... what editing? There are mistakes in every page. Words run together constantly likethis. A few times, I can let it go, but all the time, in almost every page is too much. Also, there are quite a few sentences that just do not make sense; the wording is just off.
And the thing is, the first in the series was pretty good, so you think that the last one in the series will be amazing, but there are too many mistakes. It was either written in a rush, or this one was written first.
The story itself is not terrible, but the killer is revealed early, and the next 80 pages or so we are left with snipers, more murders, police brutality and other disappointing stuff, as well as an opened ending and things up in the air. And that is just too bad, because this is supposed to be the last of the series, and we are left wondering. 1 star overall. 2 stars because at least I read it all the way through without being bored.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lie Down in Green Pastures.